Monday 16 September 2013

Charlotte Tilbury Makeup

One of the most exciting launches of the year for makeup artists and beauty addicts, this collection has blown my mind! I couldn't make it to the launch at Selfridges so when I got home from work on the launch day I quickly logged on to Charlotte's own website www.charlottetilbury.com and placed an order. I initially added almost every item to my shopping bag but after taking a moment to control myself I ended up purchasing 5 items.


I decided that I wanted to try at least 2 of the lipsticks (well a girl can never have too many colours right?) and the eyeshadow palettes looked incredibly luxurious so I had to go for the vintage vamp, a selection of warm gold/plum tones perfect for my blonde hair and green eyes. I also had to have a brush as they are my true makeup addiction so the powder sculpt brush with its tapered end was a must have for a contour and highlight fan. This purchase therefore meant that the sculpt and glow compact was destined to be purchased too with a contour and highlight colour within one palette.




The Vintage Vamp luxury eye palette - £38
Filmstar Bronze & Glow - £49
Kissing Lipsticks - £23 each 


Beautiful vintage style packaging!


The perfect sculpt and highlight kit


The Vintage Vamp palette contains my favourite gold and plum tones 


Kissing Lipsticks are enriched with a breakthrough secret ingredient The Kissing tree!


Top: Velvet underground ( purple undertoned pink)
Bottom: Coachella coral ( pinky coral)


Powder & Sculpt brush - £35
Perfect shape for contouring or highlighting as it fits right into the hollows of cheek or on top of cheekbones


It's all in the detail!




These were my first purchases from the range but next time I go to London I will no doubt be buying more. I have my eye on the liquid liner and mascara in particular. The reason I will be buying more from the range is because it does exactly what you want it to do. Because Charlotte is a makeup artist herself she seems to have understood the need of makeup artists to have products which look the part, don't cost a small fortune and work perfectly on the skin. 

I think that for a high end brand the prices are spot on. £38 for a 4 shadow palette with luxurious packaging and incredible pigment is worth every penny in my opinion.

I have really fallen in love with this range and would encourage anyone who truly loves makeup so invest in a least one piece from the collection.

x


3 comments:

  1. I ordered brushes too! Guilty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that brush, I still haven't tried any of her make-up and I call myself a Tilbury fan, shame on me. Actually planning on getting my mum some bits for Xmas as she will love the vintage packaging! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I absolutely love everything you shared from this range! It's def something I would want in my make-up collection :) xx

    ReplyDelete